l'esprit voyageur en asie du sud-est
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -24%
PC Portable Gaming 15.6″ Medion Erazer Deputy ...
Voir le deal
759.99 €

Bangkok aujourd'hui

+5
Nelfe
ericm
asiaonly
thanaka
Admin
9 participants

Page 6 sur 11 Précédent  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Suivant

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty Thai Chicken Biryani - Khao Mok Gai and Muslim Food

Message  Admin Mer 22 Aoû 2012 - 22:04

Go to http://migrationology.com/ and http://www.eatingthaifood.com/ for lots of street food from around the world!

Rice biryani combined with any kind of meat, most often chicken, beef, goat, or fish, is one of the most comforting dishes that exists on the plantet.

Biryani is an amazing food, having origins in Middle Eastern Persia and eventually finding its way to the Indian subcontinent, Africa, and central Asia as well.

Unlike pilaf (or pilau) rice where the meat and rice are cooked together, with biryani the rice and meat is cooked separately and then combined on a plate to be served. The rice is fragrantly cooked with meat stock, turmeric, and a host of other mouthwatering spices.

In Thailand, biryani is especially known throughout the country as most commonly a Thai Muslim food dish. The most common varieties are khao mok gai (chicken biryani), khao mok neua (beef biryani) and khao mok pa (goat biryani).

In Bangkok, though it's not as common as other cheap street dishes, biryani is not hard to find either - there are some great restaurants serving up the delicacy.

In today's video I head over to Bangkok's Aeesa Rot Dee (อาอีซะฮ์ รสดี), a long standing Thai Muslim food restaurant that has been serving their khao mok recipe for many years and pleasing their happy customers. Oddly, the restaurant itself is located in the midst of Khao San Road (the tourism backpacking headquarters of Bangkok), yet it remains a very local eatery.

There are quite a few things to choose from - fresh and fried spring rolls, beef satay skewers with peanut sauce, curry noodles, roti mataba, roti sweet, and of course the biryani.

I began my meal with fresh steaming bowl of chicken curry noodles (Kuay Teow Gaeng ก๋วยเตี๋ยวแกง), a dish made with blanched rice noodles swimming in a thick and creamy coconut chicken soup. It was hearty and the flavors were nicely balanced.

Next up was the khao mok gai (chicken biryani) the signature and probably the most famous dish from Aeesa Rot Dee (อาอีซะฮ์ รสดี). The rice was so intensely delicious - not over strong, but just comforting good and served with a nice minty fresh sauce.

To wash it down I ordered a bowl of soup gai (chicken soup), a wonderful chicken broth flavored with deep fried shallots, soured with lime juice and garnished with a handful of fresh herbs.

The por pia sot (fresh spring rolls) was an interesting combination that consisted of a variety of ingredients packed into a pancake like wrapper and topped with a variety of things and finally drizzled with lots of sweet syrup. The contrast of sweet and salty was great, but this wasn't my favorite dish of the meal.

Finally, saving the best for last, I dug into my plate of khao mok neua (beef biryani). It was everything I was expecting, fragrant rice mingled with tender stewed beef of exceptional flavor.

As a big fan of rice biryani from around the world and a lover of Thai Muslim food, Aeesa Rot Dee (อาอีซะฮ์ รสดี) is a restaurant in Bangkok that I just can't get enough of!

Here's some extra information in case you want to visit yourself:

Aeesa Rot Dee อาอีซะฮ์ รสดี (Khao Mok Gai near Khao San Road in Bangkok, Thailand)
178 Tanee Rd., Bangkok 10200
Tel. 0-2282-6378
Open: 9 am -- 4 pm & 5 pm -- 10 pm

อาอีซะฮ์ รสดี
178 ถ.ตานี กทม. 10200
โทร. 0-2282-6378
เปิด-ปิด 9.00-16.00 น. และ 17.00-22.00 น.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty Re: Bangkok aujourd'hui

Message  Admin Ven 24 Aoû 2012 - 7:08

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 58259810
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty The Bankgkok Hilton - Bang Kwang Bangkok, Thailand prison BBC documentary

Message  Admin Dim 26 Aoû 2012 - 9:03

Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty “In House” 31 aout - 30 septembre 2012

Message  Admin Lun 27 Aoû 2012 - 5:56

Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty Klong Toey Market - The Breadbasket Market of Bangkok

Message  Admin Mer 29 Aoû 2012 - 6:49

Please check out my travel and food website right here: http://migrationology.com/ Stop by and say "hello!"

The Klong Toey Market in Bangkok is one of the largest, busiest, and most important markets in the entire city.

It's the distribution point for many fruits, vegetables and meat throughout the city. As I mentioned in the video, if you should eat at any restaurant in central Bangkok, both street food or sit down restaurant alike, and it's likely that a few, if not all the ingredients were purchased from Klong Toey.

The market is in reality open 24 hours per day, but the most energetic time to visit, when the market is really at its peak is in the early morning from about 4 am to 8 am. However, you don't have to wake up too early to catch the action, the market is still nice to see and browse during the late morning or afternoon as well.

Vegetables and meat are especially cheap to buy at Klong Toey Market, and many vendors even sell their produce in large wholesale bags, specifically catering to those that have restaurants.

If you buy a lot of groceries and can't carry them all, there are plenty of porters armed with big baskets and dollies that can be hired for just $1 - $2 to transport all your things around the market. Now that's shopping in style! Wouldn't it be nice to have a person carrying around your groceries at the supermarket?!

If you are visiting Bangkok and want to get out and see the real life of the city, the market that churns part of economy and a major source of food for the city of Bangkok, you've got to visit Talad Klong Toey.

How to get to Klong Toey Market:

The market is located on the corner of Ratchada and Rama IV roads. You can either take a taxi directly there, it's really close to central Bangkok (without traffic it's about 5 minutes from Silom and about 5 minutes from Asoke).

You can also choose to take the MRT Metro underground train to Khlong Toei station, and you'll just have to walk about 5 minutes until you're in the thick of the market.

Just like at any crowded place in the world, it's always a wise decision to keep your pockets safe and take account of your valuables when you visit.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty Or Tor Kor Market, 4ème Meilleur Marché de Produits Frais au Monde

Message  Admin Jeu 30 Aoû 2012 - 5:36

Le marché Or Tor Kor de Bangkok, un des plus grands de Thaïlande, a été classé 4ème au Top 10 des Meilleurs Marchés de Produits Frais au Monde par CNNGo.
Parmi une vaste gamme de produits agricoles de grande qualité on y trouve de la viande, des œufs, des fruits et des légumes frais, des produits alimentaires transformés comme la pâte de curry et le poisson salé, des mets thaïs délicats prêts à consommer comme la poitrine de porc frite, le pain de Pandan à la crème et les currys thaïs, et des produits bio locaux ou importés. Or Tor Kor Market fonctionne comme une chaîne de distribution sous l’égide du Ministère de l'Agriculture et des Coopératives pour permettre aux fermiers thaïs de vendre leurs produits. C'est un excellent moyen pour les visiteurs de découvrir le rôle majeur des marchés dans la vie quotidienne des Thaïlandais qui entretiennent une relation étroite avec l'héritage agricole du Royaume.

A Bangkok, le marché Or Tor Kor se situe immédiatement au sud du très célèbre Chatuchak Weekend Market, sur le côté opposé de Kamphaeng Phet Road, en face de la station MRT de Kamphaeng Phet. Il est ouvert tous les jours de 06:30 à 18:00.

http://www.tourismethaifr.com/news/Actualites_d.tpl?SKU=4037

Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty MOCA Museum of Contemporary Art - 3 sept au 25 nov

Message  Admin Lun 3 Sep 2012 - 6:51

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 19971810

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 37585910

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 24344910
Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Admin Mar 4 Sep 2012 - 6:56

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 16951510
Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Admin Jeu 6 Sep 2012 - 7:17

Check out my list of 101 Things To Do in Bangkok by clicking here: http://migrationology.com/2011/06/101-things-to-do-in-bangkok/

Bangkok is one of the most thrilling cities in the world to visit. With such a diversity of different attractions and a fascinating mixture of traditional fused with modern culture, the city offers something interesting for everyone.

No matter if you want to go on a shopping spree, relax at a massage or spa, go on a temple sightseeing tour, or just hit the streets for some of the most delicious food on the planet, Bangkok has you covered.

This video includes 25 of what I think are the absolute best things to do in Bangkok. I put together a range of different activities that consist of everything from Bangkok's zoo, its most revered temples and golden palaces, to the culinary options the city is so famous for.

In case you would like to revisit any of these Bangkok attractions shown in the video, here is all the information right below.

1. Wang Lang Market ตลาดวังหลัง - Wang Lang Market is one my favorite snacking and browsing markets in Bangkok.

2. Chatuchak Weekend Market ตลาดนัดจตุจักร - One of the most popular things to do in Bangkok is go shopping - don't miss the Chatuchak Weekend Market.

3. Klong Toey Market ตลาดคลองเตย - The most vital fresh food market in Bangkok.

4. Floating Market ตลาดน้ำ - In this video I visit Talad Nam Bang Nam Pheung floating market in southern Bangkok.

5. Pratunam Market ประตูน้ำ - Shopping is a huge Bangkok attraction and Pratunam is one of the wholesale outdoor markets.

6. MBK / Siam Shopping มาบุญครอง - One of the most hectic shopping malls is MBK, everything imaginable under one roof.

7. Or Tor Kor Market ตลาด อ.ต.ก. - Visiting markets is one of my personal favorites activities in Bangkok, and Or Tor Kor is amazing.

8. Dusit Zoo สวนสัตว์ดุสิต - The Dusit Zoo is one of the most fun things to do in Bangkok if you are with children.

9. Lumpini Park สวนลุมพินี- The central park of Bangkok.

10. Massage นวดแผนไทย- Don't miss a rejuvenating massage in Thailand!

11. Grand Palace / Wat Phra Kaew วัดพระเก้า- The most revered of all attractions in Bangkok.

12. Wat Pho วัดโพธิ์ - Home of the reclining Buddha and the birthplace of the traditional Thai massage.

13. Wat Arun วัดอรุณ - Wat Arun is the temple of dawn, located on the the Chao Phraya River.

14. Wat Saket (วัดสระเกศ) - Bangkok's Golden Mountain Temple with great views.

15. Erawan Museum ช้างสามเศียร- A giant three headed elephant which is a temple and museum.

16. Vimanmek Mansion พระที่นั่งวิมานเมฆ - As the largest golden teak wood mansion in the world, it's very impressive.

17. Khao San Road ถนนข้าวสาร - There are lots of things to do in this area, many of them revolving around parties and nightlife.

18. Silom and Patpong (สีลม) - Silom at night turns into a market with Patpong street, home to many go-go bars and fake goods.

19. Victory Monument อนุสาวรีย์ชัยสมรภูมิ - One of the transportation hubs of Bangkok and there's a lot of food, including the tasty boat noodle alley.

20. Eat Durian กินทุเรียน - Durian, also known as the king of fruits, is creamy and sweet, and it's the best fruit in the world.

21. Thai Street Food อาหารข้างทาง - Eating Thai street food is one of the most rewarding things to do in Bangkok, mainly because there's so much to try, and so many good flavors.

22. Thai Cooking Class เรียนทำอาหาร- A cooking class is a great way to learn some Thai recipes!

23. Pahurat พาหุรัด- Bangkok's little India is known as Pahurat. It's a place to shop for fabric and dine on delicious Indian food.

24. Pak Klong Talad ปากคลองตลาด- The largest flower market in Bangkok is a great place to see colorful and exotic flowers all day long.

25. Yaowarat / Sampeng Market (เยาวราช / สำเพ็ง) - Yaowarat is one of the busiest and most exciting places in Bangkok - don't miss it!

So there you have 25 amazing things to do in Bangkok. Have an incredible trip to Thailand!

Thai food site: http://www.eatingthaifood.com/
Facebook: https://facebook.com/migrationology

Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty "Portrait of Myanmar" - Jusqu'au 5 octobre 2012

Message  Admin Mer 12 Sep 2012 - 5:43

Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty MOCA Museum of Contemporary Art

Message  Admin Mar 18 Sep 2012 - 7:40

Pré-requis : le son !! Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 25344

Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Admin Jeu 20 Sep 2012 - 11:08

Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty A Trip to Pahurat (พาหุรัด) - Bangkok's Little India

Message  Admin Ven 21 Sep 2012 - 6:55

Visit my website for lots for travel and food, click here:
http://migrationology.com/

Pahurat (พาหุรัด), located just a five minute walk from Yaowarat Chinatown in Bangkok, Thailand, is the Little India of Thailand. Though it's a small area, Pahurat is packed with all kinds of interesting Indian merchandise, textiles, cloth, and a few reputable Indian restaurants.

Though I haven't yet been to India (I would love to go soon), I sometimes go to Pahurat (พาหุรัด) to explore and of course dine of delicious Indian food.

In this video after doing a little walking around and checking out the area, I went over to one of my favorite street side Indian restaurants in Bangkok - a small eatery known as Toney Restaurant.

Indian food in Bangkok is not normally overly cheap, in fact it's been marketed as quite an expensive cuisine and often housed in nicer sit down restaurants. However, Pahurat (พาหุรัด), there is plenty of Indian food available and many things are quite a bit cheaper than other Indian restaurants in town.

So next time you visit Bangkok, be sure to stop by Pahurat for street food and exploration!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty Adresses de galeries

Message  Admin Lun 24 Sep 2012 - 8:47

Art Gorillas
2/F Lido Bldg., Siam Square Soi 3
Tel: 02 658 3975
www.artgorillas.com
Small gallery exhibiting the eclectic works of emerging Thai artists.

Baan Khanitha & Gallery
69 South Sathorn Rd
Tel: 02 675 4200-1
www.baan-khanitha.com
The second of Khanitha Akaranitikul’s two restaurants, features an art gallery exhibiting the paintings of both local and foreign artists as well as the award winning food. Open from 11am to 11pm.

Bangkok Art & Culture Centre
939 Rama I, Tel: 02 214 6630-1
www.bacc.or.th
Eleven-storey arts centre with over 3,000sqm of exhibition space encompassing a broad range of artistic events.

Foreign Correspondents’ Club of Thailand (FCCT)
Penthouse Maneeya Centre, 518/5
Ploenchit Rd.
Tel: 02 652 0580-2 (x11)
www.fccthai.com
As well as being the drinking hole of choice for journalists popping into Bangkok from around the region, the FCCT has regular photojournalist exhibitions
and talks by journalists and non-journalists alike. Open 10am to 11pm.

H Gallery
201 Sathorn Soi 12, Tel: 081 310 4428
www.hgallerybkk.com
One of Asia’s leading venues for regional and international art. Established in 2002, the gallery has established a programme of exhibitions and installations aiming to generate critical dialogue on contemporary art in the global context. Open 10am to 6pm (Tuesday by appointment).

Koi Art Gallery
43/12 Sukhumvit Soi 31
Tel: 02 662 3218
www.koiartgallerybangkok.com
A cutting-edge art gallery and creative space that features emerging contemporary Thai and foreign artists. Open from 10am to 7pm.

Jim Thompson Art Centre
6 Kasemsan 2, Rama Rd.
Tel: 02 216 7638
www.jimthompsonhouse.com
Exhibitions of leading local and international art and crafts are shown within the museum. Open from 9am to 5pm.

Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)
499 Moo3, Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd.
Tel: 02 953 1005-7
www.mocabangkok.com
Imposing 18,000sqm building set on many floors has both permanent and temporary contemporary Thai art exhibitions as well as films and events. Open
10am to 6pm, closed Sundays.

National Gallery
4 Chao Fah Rd., Tel: 02 281 2224
Permanent collection of some of the finest examples of contemporary Thai art.
Also has talks by Thai artist in the annex.
Open from 9am to 4pm, closed Monday, Tuesday.

Rotunda Gallery & Garden Gallery
Neilson Hays Library, 195 Surawong
Rd., Tel: 02 233 1731
www.neilsonhayslibrary.com
Set in the historic library, the Rotunda features exhibitions by both expat and local artists, creating a perfect place to escape the city’s hectic bustle.

Serindia Gallery
OP Garden 4-6 Soi Charoen Krung 36
Tel: 02 238 6410
www.serindiagallery.com
A gallery of fine arts and photography run by the publishing house, presents year-round exhibitions of works by international artists and photographers with
an emphasis on the Himalayas. Open from 11am to 8pm, closed Mondays.

Thavibu Gallery
Suite 308, 3/F Silom Galleria, 919/1
Silom Rd. Soi 19
Tel: 02 266 5454
www.thavibu.com
Gallery devoted to the best of contemporary art from Thailand, Vietnam and Myanmar. Also publishes books. Open from 11am to 7pm, closed Sundays.

V64
143/19 Changwattana Soi1
Tel: 02 973 2681
www.v64artstudio.com
A 30-studio space for artists to create work that can be viewed by the audience, gallery, exhibition space and café.
V64 Art Academy offers art courses. Open from 9am to 6pm.

Warp 54 Studios
Charoen Krung Soi 30
Tel: 081 867 5002
www.warp54.com
Teakwood warehouse where Belgian artist Christain Develter creates his vivid oil paintings of Asian characters with a distinct pop art reference. Also has
events ranging from dance performances to gourmet sit-down dinners. Open by appointment only.

WTF Bar & Gallery
7 Sukhumvit Soi 51
Tel: 02 662 6246
www.wtfbangkok.com
Gallery set on two floors above this popular café-cum-bar has become one of Bangkok’s most popular art hangout spots. As the organisers say “Seeing art
should be as easy as a night out on the town.” Open from 3pm to 8pm , closed Mondays

Source AsiaLife
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty Or Tor Kor Market - Bangkok's Upscale Food Center

Message  Admin Jeu 27 Sep 2012 - 8:08

Visit my website now for more information: http://migrationology.com/
Do you love to eat Thai food? Get the guide: http://www.eatingthaifood.com/eating-thai-food-guide/

Or Tor Kor Market (ตลาด อ.ต.ก.) is one of the nicest and cleanest fresh wet market in Bangkok. Imagine a local style outdoor market combined with an upscale indoor food supermarket and you've got Or Tor Kor.

Everything at the market is high quality - including all seafood, vegetables, fruit and even the cooked food as well.

It's a great place to get an interaction to the world of Thai food and ingredients without the hassles of being splashed by catfish or dodging motorcycles. Or Tor Kor Market (ตลาด อ.ต.ก.) is set up with nice clean and wide aisles that are brightly lit with fluorescent lighting.

One side of the market is full of fresh seafood and a few vendors selling meat. In the center of the market is a wide variety of fresh vegetables and a mouthwatering selection of fruit. Highest quality of durian is available year round and you can be sure it's stunning.

On the right side of the market is a nice food court of prepared Thai food. Though it's a little more expensive than other places in Bangkok, the food is absolutely stunning.

Next time you visit Bangkok be sure to enjoy a meal and some durian at Or Tor Kor Market!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty Bangkok bicycle rentals to ‘ease traffic congestion’

Message  Admin Mar 2 Oct 2012 - 6:37

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Traffi10

The Bangkok government has announced plans to ease traffic congestion by setting up bicycle rental points at BTS and MRT stations.

Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) Deputy Governor Thirachon Manomaipibul said, “Bangkok is already ranked at the top of cities in the world with a lot of traffic – people using personal cars, a lot of buses – so now we are trying to get people to use public transportation more.

“There are some areas that aren’t adequately served by rail systems, such as [parts of] Silom, Sathorn and Wireless Road, so bicycles will be another transportation option – a good idea for allowing people to connect between MRT and BTS stations,” he told Daily News.

The first two “service counters” will be opened on October 22 at Chumchiri Square and on Henry Dunant Road, offering eight bicycles each.

Users will be able to rent bicycles using a “smart card” and can return them at any of the other service counters. The BMA said there will be 50 such service points completed within the next 11 months. Smart cards will be available for purchase at the service counters or online.

The bicycles will be fitted with electronic devices, in addition to GPS tracking devices, allowing staff to determine where and when it was rented.

The rental fees will be as follows:

• 15 minutes to 1 hour: THB10

• 1 to 3 hours: THB20

• 3 to 5 hours: THB40

• 5 to 6 hours: THB60

• 6 to 8 hours: THB80

• Over 8 hours: THB100*

*Any bicycle rented for more than eight hours will be charged the THB100 and an additional THB20 per hour, up to 24 hours. If the bicycle is not returned within 24 hours, staff will locate and retrieve it using the GPS system.

http://www.coconutsbangkok.com/news/bangkok-bicycle-rentals-to-ease-traffic-congestion/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty Chinatown Bangkok - Yaowarat Street Food Tour

Message  Admin Jeu 4 Oct 2012 - 7:41

Do you love Thai food? Get a copy of the Eating Thai Food Guide:
http://www.eatingthaifood.com/eating-thai-food-guide/

Chinatown Bangkok (เยาวราช), referred to locally as Yaowarat (same name of the street), is one of the most exciting places in the entire city.

The area is especially known for its vast supply of Thai and Chinese street food and restaurants, but Yaowarat is also home to countless gold stores, medicine and herbs dealers and markets that seem to go on forever. Exploring the narrow alleys and markets is a great way to get a feel for this lively area of Bangkok.

In the daytime, Chinatown Bangkok (เยาวราช) is home the Sampeng Market which is one of the city's busiest wholesale market for textiles, fabric and random trinkets. In the night, Charoen Krung road and Yaowarat road transforms into a street food paradise - some of the most famous stalls in the city.

My first stop is the famous Uan Pochana (ก๋วยจั๊บ อ้วนโภชนา) for a bowl of kuay jab (ก๋วยจั๊บน้ำใส) - rice noodle rolls in a porky soup with lots of innards. The soup is nicely peppery and really tasty.

After an appetizer (which was still an entire meal in itself), I cross over the street to T & K Seafood restaurant to order one of my favorite dishes: steamed fish in lemon and garlic sauce. T & K Seafood is not my absolute favorite restaurant, but due to its great location, it makes a convenient place to dine.

Last but not least, not trip to Chinatown Bangkok would be complete without a bowl of Thai Chinese style dessert. There are a number of different stalls and I chose one that served my all time favorite dessert known as bua loy nam king (ginger water with black sesame dumplings บัวลอยน้ำขิง).

Follow my food adventures:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/migrationology
Website: http://migrationology.com/ and http://www.eatingthaifood.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/migrationology/

Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty 12 /18 octobre - Gallery V64

Message  Admin Dim 14 Oct 2012 - 18:48

new exhibition at our Gallery V64, 12th -18th October, Art Thesis Exhibition from Department of Fine and Applied Arts, Burapha University, these talent students will exhibit their art which they have learnt from their bachelor degree.
These potential artists will present themselves in their first exhibition.

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 42120310

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 8ce47d10

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 67b43210

http://www.portfolios.net/events/my-mine#ixzz29IhG2ZKV
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty Thailand Vegetarian Food Festival - Bangkok 2012

Message  Admin Mer 17 Oct 2012 - 17:09

If you want more delicious vegetarian food, grab a copy of my Vegetarian Thai Food Guide right here: http://www.eatingthaifood.com/vegetarian-thai-food-guide/

And if you prefer meat filled dishes, check out the Eating Thai Food Guide: http://www.eatingthaifood.com/eating-thai-food-guide/

The Thailand Vegetarian Festival (เทศกาลกินเจ) is an annual celebration. The history of the festival dates back to the 1800's when a group of Chinese opera performers were traveling through Thailand. After traveling around the country and performing they eventually made it to southern Thailand in Phuket. This is where they all become sick. After much contemplation and trying figure out just why they had become so ill, they finally decided that it was due to not honoring or showing respect to the Nine Emperor Gods in the Chinese Doaist belief. In order to get better from their sickness and better honor the gods, they determined it would be necessary to cleanse themselves by partaking in a number of different ceremonies, acts of purity and to eat a strict vegetarian diet for nine days straight.

I'm not fully sure how the story turned out, but what we do know is that the Thailand vegetarian festival (เทศกาลกินเจ) is now an annual event that many Thais and foreigners alike participate it. The most prominent festival takes places in the south of Thailand, most famously in Phuket, where there's a large population of Chinese. In the south, one can witness many religious rituals, traditional ceremonies, and the most famous of everything, the self human flagellations. Some participating in the festival choose to mutiliate themselves by slicing and cutting of their bodies. They believe that they are posses by spirits and they are not actually hurting themselves in the process.

In Bangkok however, the vegetarian festival is less about self mutilation, but more about a few rituals and lots and lots of vegetarian Thai food that sprawls throughout the entire city. Yaowarat Chinatown, is the home of the most prolific ceremony where you can find some ceremonies of lots of pure vegetarian food. In this video I take to the narrow streets of Yaowarat to eat and explore. In Part 1, I first indulge in a Chinese vegetarian meal that includes tofu, cabbage and stir fried noodles. Then I check out a temple and finally go to eat a delicious sweet snack known as kanom dub dab (ขนมตุ๊บตั๊บ). If you are ever in Thailand for the vegetarian festival celebration, be sure to eat lots of delicious food and catch some of the action!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty A Bangkok, à vélo, on dépasse les autos

Message  Admin Mer 31 Oct 2012 - 4:20

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 30192911

L’administration municipale de Bangkok lance le 28 octobre un projet de stations de location de bicyclettes dans la capitale thaïlandaise.

Ils sont verts, élégants et écologiques. Ce sont les nouveaux vélos de Bangkok, dont une centaine vont être mis, le 28 octobre, à disposition des citadins dans deux stations de location de la capitale, l’une devant le complexe commercial Chamjuree Square, à la station de métro souterrain Sam Yan, et l’autre près du nœud du métro aérien à Siam. Calqué sur le système parisien Velib, le projet thaïlandais permettra aux Bangkokois as du guidon de pouvoir, après avoir payé un abonnement annuel de 300 bahts, louer un vélo dans l’une des stations pour un tarif très bas, à charge de le restituer ensuite à n’importe quelle autre station. Les premières quinze minutes seront gratuites, puis le tarif sera progressif : 10 bahts pour 45 minutes, 20 bahts pour trois heures et 100 bahts pour la journée. D’ici à quatre mois, l’administration métropolitaine de la capitale compte avoir installé 50 stations avec un total de 330 bicyclettes, moyen astucieux pour déjouer les embouteillages célèbres de la mégapole.

L’obstacle majeur constitue l’absence de pistes cyclables qui rend les trajets en vélo particulièrement dangereux dans une ville sillonnée par près de 7 millions de voitures. Les rares pistes cyclables sont, le plus souvent, dessinées sur les trottoirs et les cyclistes doivent jouer des coudes avec les piétons et les colporteurs pour se frayer un chemin. Quelques centaines de bicyclettes vont-elles permettre de faire une différence ? Misons sur l’avenir, car, comme chacun sait, Bangkok ne s’est pas faite en un jour.

http://asie-info.fr/2012/10/26/bangkok-velos-autos-512276.html

Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Admin Jeu 1 Nov 2012 - 7:59

Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty Thai Royal Barge Procession กระบวนพยุหยาตราชลมารค

Message  Admin Sam 10 Nov 2012 - 7:57

Thailand's Royal Barge Procession first began in the Ayuthaya period, about 700 years ago. It is a majestic ceremony that showcases the Royal culture of Thailand and its rich heritage. On November 6th, 2012, I was invited, along with a few other Bangkok based bloggers to attend the ceremony as an honored guest. We arrived quite early and we first greeted to a luxurious lunch that included an array of delicious dishes. Among the selection were braised duck sitting on a pile of deep fried ivy gourd leaves, topped with crispy fried onions, and drizzled in a sweet tamarin dressing and my personal favorite dish which was the deep fried soft shell crab sitting on top a bed of jicama. After the food we made our way over to the Royal Navy grounds, on the Thonburi side of the river, just south of Siriraj Hospital and Wang Lang Market. Arriving quite early, we had a chance to find a place along the river along with the masses of other photographers for a great glimpse at the Royal Barge Procession. While we waited, were were supplied with refreshments and beverages.

For the event, then entire Chao Phraya River, which is normally a busy choppy water highways, was shut down to the generally public. There were no rowdy boats or river express boats cruising up and down the river so instead the river remained eerily calm. It looked like Bangkok had come to a complete halt - I had never before seen the river so peaceful and glassy. On top of that, the Chao Phraya River is normally quite dirty, but for the Royal Barge Procession, there were crews the swept through the entire river, netting all garbage and unwanted vegetation. The glassy river alone was quite a sight.

The Thai Royal Barge Procession includes a fleet of precisely 52 boats which are handled by a total of 2,311 oarsmen. In this case, the oarsmen were provided by the Thai Royal Navy. The formation of the boat, which is based on a ancient Thai battle formation, was five columns across the river and spanned 1200 meters in length down the river. As they rowed, they chanted an ancient song which was composed strictly for the Royal Barge Procession and coordinated along with their rowing technique. Finally at about 3:40 pm, the procession was visible from out standing grounds. The sound of the chant followed by the formation of the boats was and incredible sight to see. The barges were elaborate, many of them gold and made of teakwood. The oarsmen were aslo dressed in ornate costumes as they rhythmically rowed and followed their command. The view of Bangkok's Wat Phra Kaew and the Grand Palace in the background made the sight even more spectacular. Nearly all the boats in the Thai Royal Barge Procession were amazing, but the most spectacular in my opinion, was the Royal Golden Swan (also known as Suphannahong). This royal vessel was carved from an impressive single trunk of teakwood and measured 44.9 meters in length. It's quite magical sight to see the Golden Swan gracefully moving across the central waterway of Bangkok. The procession lasted for a total of about 15 minutes until all boats had passed.

Thailand's Royal Barge Procession is a rare event, held only on certain occasions, spaced out around 6 - 7 years. The opportunity to attend was a true honor, an incredible glimpse into the Royal culture of Thailand, and a remarkable preservation of craftsmanship and Thai heritage.

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 8165548297_bd1b69eecf_o

Reportage photos ----> http://migrationology.com/2012/11/royal-barge-procession-a-majestic-tradition-of-thai-culture-and-heritage/ Idea

Emouvante procession des barges royales à Bangkok

Le fleuve Chao Phraya a été le théâtre le 9 novembre d’un spectacle rare, unique, et suivi par un public nombreux : la procession des barges royales.

L’événement n’avait pas eu lieu depuis cinq ans. En 60 ans, la procession des 52 barges royales n’avait parcouru le fleuve Chao Phraya à Bangkok qu’à 16 reprises. Les crues de 2011 avait empêché sa tenue. Cette année, la procession s’est bien déroulée. Le 9 novembre entre 15h et 16h, les 52 barges, finement ciselées, ont descendu le fleuve sur 4,5 km du pont Krung Thon Buri au Wat Arun (le temple de l’aube). Le cortège fluvial s’étendait sur 1200 mètres de long et 110 mètres de large. Cette 17e procession a été organisée pour fêter les 85 ans du roi Bhumibol Adulyadej, ainsi que la fin de la saison des pluies et du carême bouddhique.

Le prince héritier, Maha Vajiralongkorn, a présidé cette cérémonie à bord de la barge du roi, la Narai Song Suban, construite en 1994. Neuf mois d’entrainement et quelque 2100 rameurs costumés ont été nécessaires pour réaliser cette procession. Les principales embarcations font 45 mètres de long environ et ont besoin chacune de 50 à 70 rameurs.

Le rythme était donné par une très belle chanson traditionnelle, écrite au XIVe siècle par le prince Dhamma Dibes, et des tambours. Il se dégageait de cette procession, à la fois belle et émouvante, un sentiment d’harmonie. Le ciel, un temps menaçant, s’est dégagé, pour faire place à de francs rayons de soleil au passage du cortège. Le prince héritier a conclu ce moment par la cérémonie des Kathin, une remise au nom du roi de robes safran à des moines.

La procession des barges royales, en hommage au monarque et à la signification hautement religieuse, a été organisée pour la première fois en Thaïlande voici près de 700 ans.

http://asie-info.fr/2012/11/10/thailande-emouvante-procession-des-barges-royales-a-bangkok-513097.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 Empty The 10th World Film Festival of Bangkok

Message  Admin Ven 16 Nov 2012 - 7:53

Trailers of highlighted films showing at the 10th World Film Festival of Bangkok.
The festival runs from November 16 to 25 at Paragon Cineplex and Esplanade Cineplex Ratchada.

www.WorldFilmBkk.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Admin Mer 21 Nov 2012 - 7:19

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 6 53207710
Admin
Admin
Admin