l'esprit voyageur en asie du sud-est
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Coffret dresseur d’élite ETB ...
Voir le deal
56.90 €

Bangkok aujourd'hui

+5
Nelfe
ericm
asiaonly
thanaka
Admin
9 participants

Page 10 sur 11 Précédent  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Suivant

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 Empty Re: Bangkok aujourd'hui

Message  Admin Dim 8 Sep 2013 - 10:00

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 Isdh1610

[SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 14TH 2013]
ISAN DANCEHALL
FAR OUT/FAR EAST SOUND SYSTEM CULTURE
PROUDLY PRESENTS...
MELAYU SPECIALS!
DJS : MAFT SAI [ZUDRANGMA/PARADISE BANGKOK]
WITH SPECIAL GUESTS
*KEIICHI & SHINSUKE [SOI 48] JAPAN
*MARK GERGIS [SUBLIME FREQUENCIES] USA

With an emphasis on music built for sound systems, outside parties and the worldwide dancehall, from Kingston to Ubon, from Accra to Khon Kaen, join the journey through tough basslines, heavy percussion and music designed to move any crowd from around the globe. Isan Dancehall - get ready for the Afro/Asian Soundclash...

Date: Saturday September 14th 2013. 09pm - Late
DJs: Maft Sai With Special Guests : Keiichi & Shinsuke [Soi 48] Japan /AND/ Mark Gergis [Sublime Frequencies] USA
Music policy / File Under: ISAN ROOTS, REGGAE, MELAYU, MIDDLE-EASTERN & EAST-WEST AFRICAN ROOTS.
Door: 350 Baht + 1 Yadong
Where: Cosmic Cafe, RCA BLOCK C, BANGKOK.
••••
Special Guests

Keiichi & Shinsuke [Soi 48] Japan
http://soi48.blogspot.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 Empty Amazing Thai Isaan Food in Bangkok - Som Tam Pu Maa Restaurant

Message  Admin Lun 9 Sep 2013 - 11:00

Som Tam Pu Maa (ส้มตำปูม้า) is one of my favorite Isaan restaurants in Bangkok. Get more details here  
http://www.eatingthaifood.com/2011/04/som-tam-boo-maa-restaurant-sensational-thai-isan-food/

Though it's located a little outside of central Bangkok, on the Thonburi side of the city, one of my all time long standing Thai Isaan food restaurants in Bangkok is Som Tam Pu Maa (ส้มตำปูม้า). Before, I previously lived in the area, so I would eat there quite frequently, but since I don't anymore, anytime I'm in the area I make a pitstop. For this particular meal, we ordered up a feast that included some of the best tasting dishes from this fine Isaan restaurant.

There's both a downstairs and an upstairs to Som Tam Pu Maa (ส้มตำปูม้า), the upstairs only used when the downstairs is full, and there's an air-con on the upstairs floor as well. All the cooking, like most common Thai restaurants, happens on the bottom floor at the entrance to the restaurant. We began things off with the pla pao (ปลาเผา), which is a roasted snake head fish. The fish is first stuffed with lemongrass, and then covered on the outside in salt before being roasted over charcoal. The result is an immaculate beauty where the fish stays moist on the inside and just slightly salty from the skin. The real bonus at Som Tam Pu Maa (ส้มตำปูม้า), and one of the reasons it's one of the best Thai Isaan food restaurants in Bangkok, is their incredible sauces. The roasted chili sauce, which reminds me of Mexican chipotle, is particularly outstanding. 

After the fish, I then took a bite of the Kaeng Om (แกงอ่อม), an extremely herbaceous and fresh soup made with lots of vegetables and herbs. Cooking on a high heat fire, the soup cooked extremely fast so all the vegetables were still crispy and flavorful and not overcooked. It's another common Thai Isaan food dish. I've been a huge fan of larb pla duk (ลาบปลาดุก) ever since I came to Thailand, but few other Isaan restaurants debone the catfish body, and then re-attach the head to serve it. Everything is a trophy at Som Tam Pu Maa (ส้มตำปูม้า). The larb pla duk (ลาบปลาดุก) is extraordinary at this restaurant. They use just the right amount of spice and herbs to accentuate the smoky flavored fish. Another favorite of mine is the yam makua yao (ยำมะเขือยาว), which is a roasted eggplant salad that's mixed with minced pork and boiled egg before being dressed in lime juice and fish sauce. Another winner! We did order a plate of som tam thai, but I won't even get into that as it's the most common Thai Isaan food dish available. We also ordered yam pla duk foo (ยำปลาดุกฟู), a fluffy deep fried catfish that's served with a marvelous sour green mango sauce.

Anyway, the Thai Isaan food at Som Tam Pu Maa (ส้มตำปูม้า) is absolutely extraordinary!

Som Tam Boo Maa Restaurant
25/48 Thanon Charan Sanitwong, Bang Khun Non, Bangkok 10700
Tel. 0-2822-3577
Hours: 11:00 -- 23:00
ส้มตำปูม้า
ที่อยู่ 25/48 ถนนบางขุนนนท์ บางกอกน้อย กรุงเทพฯ, บางขุนนนท์, 10700
โทร. 02-8823577
เปิดบริการทุกวัน 11.00 - 23.00 น.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 Empty

Message  Admin Mer 11 Sep 2013 - 11:00

French Foodies Week Bangkok 25th September to 5th October 2013

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 10022110
Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Admin Ven 13 Sep 2013 - 6:00

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 11750711
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 Empty Hidden Bangkok, Discovering the City’s Top Cultural Attractions

Message  Admin Lun 16 Sep 2013 - 8:00

Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Admin Mar 17 Sep 2013 - 8:19

BACC Exhibition Department, Bangkok Art and Culture Centre.
21 - 28 September 2013
Party opening on Saturday 21 September 2013, 5.30 pm at 3rd floor, bacc.

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 58115710
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 Empty "Deconstructing Burma"

Message  Admin Mer 18 Sep 2013 - 10:01

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 10015710

http://www.artineffectbangkok.com/ Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 355569 

The artists: Tun T Lin, Khine Min So, Maung Myant Aung, K Kyaw, Min Yang Naung, and Zwe Yan Naing created all of the paintings in the collection while living under the former Burmese military controlled government. The collection is varied in subject matter: political overtones to day-to-day life in a country locked in turmoil for close to 50 years.

Sala Dang Soi 1, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500

Date: Sept. 20 (the exhibition runs until Oct. 20)

Hours: 6pm-9pm

For more info, contact Yvonne Liang

Tel. (086) 533-0402

E-mail: yvliang555@gmail.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 Empty Jok (โจ๊ก) - Thai Rice Congee at the Market for Breakfast

Message  Admin Jeu 19 Sep 2013 - 10:00

http://www.eatingthaifood.com/2012/01/thai-breakfast-food-dishes/ Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 355569 

When it comes to breakfast in Thailand, it's not as distinguishable as a Western breakfast. Thai breakfast can often be the same food as a normal dinner or lunch, such as rice and curry. Jok (โจ๊ก), Thai rice soup is one of the common things to eat in the morning, and it's so good and soothing that it's almost impossible to no love. I'll admit though, when I first came to Thailand it wasn't my favorite thing to eat - I thought it was too plain and not hearty enough. By my opinion definitely changed as I ate Jok (โจ๊ก) a few more times and came to realize that I like the dish very much.

Jok (โจ๊ก) can be found throughout Thailand and in Bangkok you'll find a Thai street food vendor serving Jok (โจ๊ก) on nearly every street corner throughout the city. I'm not entirely sure of the entire cooking process, but when the street food stalls prepare it, they first take a lump of prepared rice, mix it with water to make it into the correct consistency - as in a porridge - and then heat it over fire until it bubbles. The next process is to add a few minced pork meat balls or often some pieces of pig intestines and liver, and then an optional soft boiled egg into the Jok (โจ๊ก).

When I'm in Bangkok, I particularly like my morning Jok (โจ๊ก) at the small market here
http://www.eatingthaifood.com/2013/07/morning-jok-thai-congee-comforting-rice-porridge/ Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 355569 
There particularly have some of the best tasting version of the Thai rice congee that I've ever had. One of their keys is to cook their rice soup of charcoal, giving the dish a lovely smoky aroma to it. Another thing is that they use high quality pork giving the rice a perfect porky flavor through and through. At this Bangkok street food stall, the majority of customers grab a bag for breakfast takeaway, but there are just a few tables where you can grab a seat if you're lucky. This day we were able to secure the table and enjoy our Jok (โจ๊ก) while sitting in the market. When you're looking for a Thai breakfast dish that's no spicy but rather completely soothing and comforting, this is one of the top options! On top of my rice congee I like to include a little handful of slivered ginger and some green onions to garnish. Finally, I like to add a splash of vinegar and soy sauce to flavor my bowl. Don't miss this Thai favorite breakfast dish when you're in Bangkok - you can get it for takeaway or sit down and enjoy!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 Empty Ayutthaya - Video Guide of Thailand's Ancient Capital City

Message  Admin Mer 25 Sep 2013 - 19:16

Ayutthaya is one of the most popular places to visit near Bangkok. Read the full guide to Ayutthaya here:
http://migrationology.com/2013/07/ayutthaya-tour-photos/

Visiting Ayutthaya, Thailand, is one of the best day trips to take from Bangkok. It's Thailand's ancient capital city, second after Sukhothai. The city has a very long history with many ups and downs. It was overthrown by the Burmese in the mid 1700's and many of the gems and treasures from the temples were moved the Yangon at the Shwedagon Pagoda (another very impressive site if you visit Burma). I have visited Ayutthaya a number of times while living in Thailand, but a few weeks ago I joined a small travel blogger group and we toured a few of the most important temples, and I also snuck away for some food and refreshment! The Ayutthaya historical park is the most significant section of the city, an area where there's a concentration of temples and historical sites to visit. The city in now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

The first temple we stopped at was Wat Yai Chai Mongkon (วัดใหญ่่ชัยมงคล), a must visit temple in Ayutthaya. The temple is recognized by its huge chedi that leans a little to the side, sort of like the Leaning Tower of Pisa. At the site, you can then climb a flight of stairs to the middle level section that offers a nice view of the surroundings. Surrounding the temple are many statues of Buddha, most of them wrapped in orange cloth and in many symmetrical patterns. Just like Wat Pho in Bangkok, there's also a reclining Buddha, though this one made of stone and wrapped in yellow cloth instead of gold. I had visited the temple before, but had never stopped to see the palace of King U-Thong and his many roosters. After Wat Yai Chai Mongkon (วัดใหญ่่ชัยมงคล) in Ayutthaya we proceeded to Wat Phanan Choeng (วัดพนัญเชิงวรวิหาร), a temple that's famous for housing a 19 meter high golden seated Buddha. The temple is a cross between traditional Thai and Chinese beliefs so there are lots of cross similarities and the temple is very Chinese Confucian in appearance. There are many section of Wat Phanan Choeng (วัดพนัญเชิงวรวิหาร), and you can spend some time walking around each section of the temple. It's nearly always busy and bustling with people, especially on the weekends. Finally, the famous Wat Mahathat (วัดมหาธาตุ) is one of the most visited and well known temple complexes in the Ayutthaya historical park. It's the temple where the famous head of Buddha wrapped within the banyan tree is - that's always a favorite place for everyone to take pictures! The rest of the temple is not in that great of condition, but it's mostly in ruins. The temple is still nice to walk around for a few minutes.

Ayutthaya is hot, and when you are walking around the temples, you're going to sweat for sure! So be prepared for the sun and always remember to drink plenty of water. I also like to stock up on hydration by having a fresh coconut to drink the water. Finally, whenever you visit any city in Thailand it's important to eat and to bring back some of the local speciality snacks. In Ayutthaya there's nothing more famous than a sweet called roti sai mai (โรตีสายไหม), and if you don't eat this, many Thais will say you didn't even go to Ayutthaya. It's basically a thin crepe pancake that's combined with cotton candy like sugar, wrapped into a little taco and consumed. It is very sweet and full of sugar, but it is the taste of Ayutthaya and should be sampled! Have a great trip visiting the ancient capital city of Thailand!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Admin Dim 29 Sep 2013 - 7:59

990 THB . It’s the essential guide to living in Bangkok

http://www.anzwg-bangkok.org/Bangkok-Guide.aspx

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 Screen10
Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Admin Mar 1 Oct 2013 - 7:29

Art for Sale in Bangkok - Rock Around Asia - Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport
For more information and showcase of the gallery: contact jc.salvin@rockaroundasia.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Admin Mer 2 Oct 2013 - 7:30

Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 Empty Som Tam (ส้มตำ) and Gai Yang (ไก่ย่าง)

Message  Admin Mer 2 Oct 2013 - 22:51

Som tam (green papaya salad) and gai yang (grilled chicken), is the ultimate comforting Thai food combination. For more delicious Thai food, click here  http://www.eatingthaifood.com/

There are all sorts of marvelous Thai dishes to sample when you're in Thailand, but one meal that never gets old and always tastes fantastic is som tam (ส้มตำ) and gai yang (ไก่ย่าง). In English this would translate to green papaya salad and grilled chicken. As you might already know, som tam is one of the most popularly eaten Thai dishes, originating from the Isaan province of Thailand. First the green papaya is shredded and then combined with tomatoes, dried shrimp, crabs, eggplant, garlic, chillies and then pounded up with fish sauce, lime juice, and palm sugar. The result is a salad that's fresh, crisp, and full of incredible flavor. When it comes to gai yang, there are many different methods of preparation and marinades. Most are quite simple and just marinated in a bit of sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce and garlic before hitting the grill. When the chicken is ready, it's sliced up into pieces, and served along with a chili tamarind sauce. Along with som tam (ส้มตำ) and gai yang (ไก่ย่าง), there's no better accompaniment than a basket full of sticky rice. The rice is eaten in small bite sized pieces, balled up into pieces and dipped into the dressing or dipping sauce from the salad or chicken.

All around Bangkok you'll find mobile Thai street food carts selling som tam (ส้มตำ) and gai yang (ไก่ย่าง), and the freshness can vary, though usually it's fine to eat. There are a few different types of som tam to order. Som tam Thai is the version that includes less fishiness, the dressing mostly just being tamarind water, fish sauce, lime juice, and palm sugar. If you order som tam boo pla raa, your salad will also include fermented fish sauce. It's a strong flavor, but you just might like it.

At this small roadside stand in the Punnawithi area of Bangkok, everyday at about 11 am they begin to fire up the grills and start roasting the chicken. It can be smelled from kilometers away as the chicken hisses and grills to perfection. It's a simple street food stall and all they offer is a variety of different som tam (ส้มตำ) salads and gai yang (ไก่ย่าง). It was an excellent meal!

When you're in Thailand be sure to enjoy the beautiful combination of som tam (ส้มตำ) and gai yang (ไก่ย่าง).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Admin Sam 5 Oct 2013 - 22:00

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 13750110
Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Admin Lun 7 Oct 2013 - 7:00

Tout savoir ou presque sur les transports en commun http://www.transitbangkok.com/fr/ Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 355569 
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 Empty Exhibition : Me My Mind

Message  Admin Mer 9 Oct 2013 - 10:00

Artist : Manit Srisuwan
Opening reception : Thursday October 10
Exhibition Period : October 10 – November 9 2013
Exhibition Venue : Number 1 Gallery [exhibition room2]
The Silom Galleria Bld., Silom Rd.,Bangkok

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 10101510

https://www.facebook.com/pages.number1gallery
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 Empty Stunning Thai Curry at Khao Kaeng Jake Puey ข้าวแกงเจ๊กปุ้ย (เจ้เฉี๋ย)

Message  Admin Ven 11 Oct 2013 - 7:44

Thai curry is famous throughout the world, and Khao Kaeng Jake Puey in Bangkok does it right. Get more Bangkok street food: http://migrationology.com/

There are many different kinds of Thai curry in Bangkok: green curry, red curry, yellow curry, massaman curry, duck curry, chicken curry, or pork curry. You name it, it's available in Thailand. Thai curry is often prepared with a meat base and the gravy is usually made from spices and finally a generous amount of coconut milk is added to make the sauce rich and delectable. Khao kaeng (ข้าวแกง) is the Thai word for rice and curry. There are khao kaeng (ข้าวแกง) stall everywhere serving Bangkok street food, but there's one place that's so famous, they call is the Thai curry musical chairs, as one has to jump in for a seat as soon as it's available if they want to eat there: Khao Kaeng Jake Puey ข้าวแกงเจ๊กปุ้ย (เจ้เฉี๋ย).

Khao Kaeng Jake Puey ข้าวแกงเจ๊กปุ้ย (เจ้เฉี๋ย) sets up everyday (except Monday) along one of the side streets in Chinatown Bangkok. They sell a number of Thai curry dishes and a few other items, but their menu is very simple and limited - because everything they do is high quality and perfect. People actually hang out and wait for hours just to get a plate of Thai curry for there or for takeaway at Khao Kaeng Jake Puey ข้าวแกงเจ๊กปุ้ย (เจ้เฉี๋ย). The day I went, I decided to arrive right as they opened, just in the afternoon. Arriving just after opening, there was already a swarm of people gathering in front of the stall on the sidewalk and plenty of happy looking customers already enjoying a plate of food. If you know what you want to eat, you simply grab one of them musical red chairs and sit down and call out your order. If you don't know what to order, you can instead go to have a peek at what Thai curry they have for the day. Kaeng keow wan (green curry) and kaeng kari (แกงกะหรี่หมู yellow curry), are two of their signature hits. I decided to go for the kaeng kari, which was scooped all over my rice including pork and lots of creamy coconut sauce. Along with the Thai curry, I also ordered some of the famous Khao Kaeng Jake Puey ข้าวแกงเจ๊กปุ้ย (เจ้เฉี๋ย) pork ribs (ซี่โครงหมูอบ). And finally, the vendor had asked if we wanted some slices of Chinese sausage on top, and of course we said yes. The kaeng kari (แกงกะหรี่หมู) was incredibly creamy and not too strong in flavor but just perfect. The pork ribs were outstanding, they were like honey glazed and bursting with flavor. Sitting on those plastic chairs eating a plate full of Thai curry, is my pure idea of great fun!

After finishing my first plate of food, I could not resist ordering a second plate, it was just the right thing to do - it was almost involuntary. This time, I had a plate of rice topped with kai paloe (ไข่พะโล้), which is a boiled egg in sweet soy sauce and Chinese spices, and stir fried crab (ผัดปู), yet another outrageously delicious dish. My second plate was nearly as good as my first plate. Khao Kaeng Jake Puey ข้าวแกงเจ๊กปุ้ย (เจ้เฉี๋ย) is has become a legendary Bangkok street food stall for a reason, they make stunning Thai curry and other dishes and they use high quality ingredients. Though it can be hard sometimes to find a seat, it's worth hanging out with the crowds for this meal. When it comes to Bangkok Thai street food, this is about as good as it gets - stunning Thai curry and rice!

Opens from 4 pm - 9 pm everyday but Monday
Prices are 60 Thai Baht per plate
ข้าวแกงเจ๊กปุ้ย(เจ้เฉี๋ย)
ซอยมังกร ถนนเจริญกรุง แขวงสัมพันธวงศ์ เขตสัมพันธวงศ์
โทร. 02-222-5229
เปิด อังคาร - อาทิตย์ เวลา 16.00 - 21.00 น.
ข้าวราดแกงกะหรี่หมู + ซี่โครงหมูอบ + กุนเชียง 60 บาท
ข้าวราดไข่พะโล้ + ผัดปู + ซี่โครงหมูอบ 60 บาท
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 Empty Bang Krachao (บางกระเจ้า) - Bangkok Bike Tour of Phra Pradaeng (and Lunch)

Message  Admin Dim 13 Oct 2013 - 22:01

A Bangkok bike tour of Bang Krachao (บางกระเจ้า) in Phra Pradaeng (พระประแดง) makes an excellent day trip. Read more of my Bangkok travel tips here:
http://migrationology.com/bangkok-thailand-travel-guide/

Bang Krachao (บางกระเจ้า), or the larger area of Phra Pradaeng (พระประแดง), is known as Bangkok's green lunch. It's not an island, but it's a section of land that's separated from major Bangkok by being within a horseshoe in the river. The piece of land is just across the river from Bangkok city, but it's such a world of difference. Characterized by trees, green spaces, low homes and neighborhoods, and a network of canals and elevated walking paths creates the perfect environment for a Bangkok bike tour. The first step getting to Bang Krachao (บางกระเจ้า) is to first take a taxi to Wat Khlong Toei Nok temple, located in the Khlong Toei area of Bangkok and right along the Chao Phraya river. For just 10 baht you can then board a small boat that will ferry you across the Chao Phraya to Bang Krachao (บางกระเจ้า), a whole new world. The ride takes just a few minutes.

Once you've arrived to Bang Krachao (บางกระเจ้า), you can then rent a bicycle as soon as you get off the boat. The bikes for rent cost 50 Thai Baht per hour or 100 Thai Baht per day - I think it's worth it to go for the whole day - and you might end up staying longer than you expected - so go for the day rental! After getting out trusty bicycles ready, we started off following the road enroute to the main park that's located within Bang Krachao (บางกระเจ้า). It took just about 10 minutes or less to reach the designated park where you can enter and ride and walk around for free. The park is nicely maintained and there's a large lake in the middle. But the park is not the only place to ride in Phra Pradaeng (พระประแดง). One of my favorite parts of the area is riding along the elevated concrete paths. They are raised above the ground as the ground can be muddy and flooded, but the paths provide an awesome form of transportation. They are just wide enough to have a Bangkok bike tour on them comfortably. Another interesting aspect of biking around are the many temples which are all around. You can stop off at a variety of temples when you're biking along. Also, if you go to Phra Pradaeng (พระประแดง) on the weekend, you can bike to Bang Nam Pheung (ตลาดน้ำบางน้ำผึ้ง) floating market http://migrationology.com/2012/07/day-trip-to-bangkok-bang-nam-pheung-floating-market/ . After biking around for a few hours we decided to stop at a relaxing restaurant for some Thai food lunch. There are many Thai restaurants to eat at throughout Bang Krachao (บางกระเจ้า) when you're taking a Bangkok bike tour - you'll have no problem finding food or drinks.

A Bangkok bike tour of Bang Krachao (บางกระเจ้า) and Phra Pradaeng (พระประแดง) is one of the best things to do in Bangkok! It's a great affordable attraction and offers not only some exercise from all the Thai street food, but also a time to relax and enjoy nature.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Admin Mar 15 Oct 2013 - 21:01

Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 Empty Pad See Ew (ผัดซีอิ๊ว) - Thai Fried Noodles You'll Love!

Message  Admin Jeu 17 Oct 2013 - 9:35

Pad See Ew (ผัดซีอิ๊ว) is one of the tastiest and most popular Thai fried noodles dishes. Get more delicious food at: http://migrationology.com/

Thailand is extremely famous for food, and when it comes to fried noodles, a certain dish by the name of Pad Thai often gets the spotlight. But there are a few more fried noodle dishes to choose from like pad kee mao, and the dish that's being highlighted in this street food video right here: Pad See Ew (ผัดซีอิ๊ว). This noodle dish all begins with rice noodles, not just any rice noodles, but they are called sen yai, or wide rice noodles. These noodles are prepared fresh in sheets and then sliced into centimeter or so wide strips.

It takes a super hot fire to make a perfect plate of Pad See Ew (ผัดซีอิ๊ว), the fire has to be flaming to give the noodles the char fiery flavor they need. Once the wok is heated to the desired level of heat and the oil is smoking, pieces of pork (or chicken if you order it) are tossed in and whirled around for a few seconds. The green vegetable kale, known as kana in Thai, is then tossed in with the pork and stir fried for a few seconds. The the rice noodles enter the furnace of a wok, slowly added to the pan while being stirred so the sticky noodles don't clump together. A few more moments of stirring and in goes the seasoning, mostly including light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, and pepper. Finally for the finishing touch, an egg is cracked right into the middle of the noodles. The noodles are whisked around for a few more seconds until there's a nice smoky char on the contents and then it's scooped onto a plate and ready to be served.

Pad See Ew (ผัดซีอิ๊ว) is popularly eaten with a spoonful of chili flakes tossed on top, and a few scoops of chili vinegar. Or you can choose to eat it just plain to enjoy the delicious flavors from the cooking. I've had quite a few plates of this Thai stir fried noodles dish in Thailand, but my favorite version comes from small shophouse style restaurants where the chef uses a high flame and really scorches the noodles and egg to perfection. When you're looking for a tasty single plate Thai street food meal, don't forget about pad see ew (ผัดซีอิ๊ว). In Bangkok, it's a dish that's available at nearly all hole in the wall stir fry restaurants throughout the city.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 Empty The Weekly “Concert in the Park” starts in December 2013

Message  Admin Mar 22 Oct 2013 - 6:52

Bangkok aujourd'hui - Page 10 13831110

One of the highlights of the cool season in Bangkok is the annual “Concert in the Park”. This year is the 21st event organized by the Bangkok Symphony Orchestra taking place at Lumphini Park. Admission is free for the concert that starts at 5:30 p.m. Best to come early to reserve your spot on the lawn in front of Sala Bhirom Bhakdi. Some people bring blankets and picnic hampers. The orchestra play a number of popular tunes ranging from classics and pop-classics to music from movies and Broadway. There are also Thai songs.

The free concert takes place on every Sunday from 15th December until 10th February 2013. The dates are 15th, 22nd and 29th December 2013, 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th January 2014, and 2nd and 9th February 2014. There is easy access to the park from MRT Lumpini or BTS Sala Daeng. More information can be found https://www.facebook.com/bangkoksymphony

http://www.thaitravelblogs.com/2013/10/the-weekly-concert-in-the-park-starts-in-december-2013/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Admin Mar 22 Oct 2013 - 22:00

Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Contenu sponsorisé